Monday, August 31, 2009

Sick of standard pickup position?

Remember her?
Yes she is back to visit again :) I still remember the first time i saw her, she was opting for a Bigsby bridge installation. Later on she got herself stars tattoo on her neck, followed by a esquire style single ply white pickguard. Now she is back for more!




I start by covering her in some old school woolen blanket to make her feeling cosy.

If my friend(a particular luthier) saw this, he would go.. "that's what happens when your edges are blunt!"
I took some foundation and did some touch up.
Yes, some very unusual position! When we were discussing on paper, it's all a mystery. I'm totally new to see such a pickup installation.

Position 1: Dimarzio Fast Track (Neck)
Position 2: Dimarzio Fast Track (Neck) + Stock Tele Bridge Single Coil
Position 3: Stock Tele Bridge Single Coil


My conclusion is that, this guitar is now something very versatile! The fast track actually sounds good at that position and retains the esquirish look! I do hope to be able to get her owner to do some sound sample of this experimental installation. I say it's Les Paul in the making(the owner not me, i'm just his worker for this project).

No comments:

Post a Comment