Thursday, September 10, 2009

Schecter Neck Broke

My next impossible task is on this beautiful schecter C1-Elite.
Say OUCH!
When Shaun first showed me his images of the broken headstock, i told him it should be a
simple fix and he is lucky. But at that point of time, the headstock was not detached like
what you are looking at now. The first impact create only a big crack at the rear. Oh did i
just said first impact?

Yes! During our meet up, i was helping Shaun to carry his guitar. Naturally i took the sling
and sling it up on my shoulder. Guess what, the plastic that holds the strap in place broke
and causing the whole guitar falling onto the floor for a second impact. I was pretty sure
that Shaun was really terrified at the moment.

"No worries, it's in my hands now", i said.

So the guitar went through some clamping and gluing. At that point of time, i know the steps but i'm wondering to what extend could i perfect the repair to.

Here we have the front and rear shot of what's left after removing the clamp and sanding away the excess glue. Pretty neat huh? The reddish brown is actually the mahogany.


So next time is pretty much repainting the damaged area and polishing it to shine. I guess there is a reason why many people prefers to repair a black guitar. It's the easiest to match color after all.


I always thought that neck with such reinforcement area on the rear of the headstock and neck joint are much stronger. Seems like it's pretty much the same as a normal design. I guess the best design that prevents headstock breaking could most probably be the fender style.

Anyway, the Schecter is now good as new! Well i mean at one glance, you'll probably not know what it had gone through! I hope Shaun is feeling way better now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment